These pages will be updated regularly when new designs and articles are published.
Please click on the sub-menu headings at the top (hover your mouse over ‘publications’) to see my patchwork design publications for British Patchwork and Quilting and Quilt Now.
- Clarke, N. and Watson, D. (2020) ‘Crafting during Coronavirus: Creative diary approaches for participant-centred research’, in Kara, H. and Khoo, S-M. (eds.)Researching in the Age of COVID-19: Volume. 3 – Creativity and Ethics [Online]. Available at: https://policy.bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/researching-in-the-age-of-covid-1
- Clarke, N. (2019) ‘Exploring the Role of Sewing as a Leisure Activity for Those Aged 40 Years and Under’, Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture, DOI: 10.1080/14759756.2019.1613948
Other written publications:
- Clarke, N. (2019) ‘Review of Threads of Life: A History of the World Through the Eye of a Needle by Clare Hunter’, Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture, DOI: 10.1080/14759756.2019.1612641 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14759756.2019.1612641
- Perfectly Pieced – a written article about the potential of fussy cutting for ‘Modern Sewing starts here’ (edition 1) – a new publication by Hantex Ltd https://issuu.com/hantex/docs/modern_sewing_starts_here_ed1
- 48 hours in Northern Ireland – a written article for Quilt Now (issue 56 published November 2018) about patchwork and quilting in Northern Ireland.
- Gweithdy at St Fagans – a written article for British Patchwork and Quilting (Jan issue, number 300, published January 2019).
- 24 hours in Paris – a written article for Quilt Now (issue 61 published March 2019) about patchwork, fabric and the #fussycuttingsewalong in Paris